Saturday 22 November 2014

Adverts on TV

I wonder if anyone had ever begun a campaign for better quality ads on TV.  I am constantly amazed that some of the ads actually get shown. Some like the Cilit Bang ad in the UK I find so irritating that I go out of my way to find an alternative product.  I hope this ad hasn't been allowed to escape the UK to pollute another country.  If it has please accept my apologies as a resident of the UK, we really tried but it escaped.
Seriously though why shouldn't TV ads be interesting, amusing and or enjoyable.  I know different things irritate different people but there's no to make such poor quality ads as the Cilit Bang ad.  Its not the only ad that has turned me away from a product.  Do other people have the same response and avoid a product if the ad is irritating?  I would really like to know what ads others find irritating.  Advertisers spend a lot of money on producing their ad and I would have thought that it would be a better idea if people enjoyed the ad.  If they could get people talking about it, even better laughing about it it would be remembered.  Surely an ad remembered with fondness would sell more product than one that leaves a feeling of complete irritation. If there are any employees of advertising companies reading this please make a little more effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment